This content is part of a series.
The Dark Side of Spirituality (6 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
AN UNFORGETTABLE DAY IN CHURCH
- The demons knew Jesus
- Jesus had authority over them
A LOOK INTO THE DARK SIDE
1. Satan and demons are created beings
Isaiah 14:12-15, Revelation 12:3-10, 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
2. They are bound by time and place
3. They can't control your mind
1 Corinthians 10:13, James 1:13-16
4. They all lose in the end
HOW TO DEAL WITH THE DARK SIDE
1 Peter 5:8-9, James 4:7-12, Ephesians 6:10-18, 1 John 5:19, 1 John 4:4
- Resist and Draw Near
- Be Alert
- Get Prepared
TAKING IT HOME
1. When it comes to the spiritual battle, it's a battle we can't win on our own or by depending on our own power. We need God's power. Is there any place in your life that you may be depending on your own power to fight the battle?
Can you think of anything that might be of help to you to depend more on God's power?
2. Looking back at the armor listed in Ephesians 6, is there one of the pieces that you may need to pay more attention to in your life to help you resist temptation?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching on The Dark Side of Spirituality, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Looking back at your childhood, how has your view of the devil changed as you've grown up?
Is there anything specific that helped shape your view of the devil when you were young?
2. Was there anyt ...
There are 3248 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1624 character sample of the full content.