Accidental Pharisees - Why God Doesn't Need Our Help (10 of 68) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Accidental Pharisees - Why God Doesn't Need Our Help (10 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
GETTING STARTED: Three Things That
Luke Assumes We Understand
1 Samuel 21:1-10/ Exodus 20:8-11, Mark 2:27 and Colossians 2:13-17/ Luke 12:1
- David's Story
- The Sabbath
SOMETIMES THE RIGHT THING
GETS THE WRONG RESPONSE
Luke 6:1-11/ Matthew 12:1-14/ Mark 2:23-3:6
HOW DID GOD'S SELF-APPOINTED DEFENDERS BECOME HIS ARCHENEMIES?
1. They built extra spiritual fences - lots of them - just in case.
Proverbs 30:5-6/ Colossians 2:20-23
2. They turned helpful spiritual tools into rigid religious rules.
3. Eventually, their extra-biblical rules and traditions became more important than God's biblical commands and priorities.
4. They became harsh, judgmental and arrogant -
and thought God liked (and needed) them that way.
Micah 6:6-8/ 1 Corinthians 13:1-4/ Matthew 7:1-5/ Luke 18:9-14 and Proverbs 6:16-19
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. As we heard this weekend, the Pharisees often placed their cultural teachings and man-made rules on equal footing with the teachings of the Bible. Jesus responded to this practice in Mark 7:1-13. Read it and then answer the q ...
There are 2646 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1323 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!