The Untamed and Unpredictable Jesus (14 of 68) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.The Untamed and Unpredictable Jesus (14 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Pastor Chris Brown
A Quick Review:
Practicing What He Preached:
Luke 7:1-10, 6:27-49
Loved his enemy.
Didn't judge because of position or title.
Did judge by what was said and done.
Showed mercy to the least deserving.
4 Lessons From An Unpredictable Jesus:
1. Jesus can be amazed at our faith or lack of faith.
Luke 7:9, Mark 6:6, Romans 10:17, Hebrews 11:6, James 1:5-6
2. The power is from God, not the right process or formula.
Luke 7:6-8, Mark 5:25-34, Matthew 11:28-30
3. The lack of God's presence never diminishes his power.***
Luke 7:9-10, Romans 8:35-39, Matthew 28:20, John 10:25-30
4. We give God our attention because he got ours first.
Luke 7:11-17, 1 John 4:7-21, Ephesians 2:13, Romans 5:6-8
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there an area of your life that you sense God is asking you to trust him enough to do what he says? If so, what is the next step you need to take in obeying him in this area?
2. Is there anything you'd like prayer for from your group?
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. Food is a big part of most of our lives. If you had to give up a favorite food, which one would be the most difficult for you to give up?
What is one food you'd be happy never to eat again?
2. We heard this weekend that God is all about getting our attention through a variety of means. As you think back on your life, can you think of a time when he unexpectedly got your attention? If so, what happened?
3. Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching on The Untamed and Unpred ...
There are 3379 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1690 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!