Why Some Get It, Some Don't And Some Don't Last (17 of 68) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Why Some Get It, Some Don't And Some Don't Last (17 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
MORE THAN A PARABLE:
Rich Women, Large Crowds, Hard Hearts, Fertile Soil
and a Rather Rude Response
The strange reason why Jesus used parables:
To hide truth from those who weren't really seeking truth
Luke 8:9-10/ Matthew 13:10-17/ Mark 4:1-20
The burning question:
Why do people respond the way they do?
1) A Hardened Heart
Zechariah 7:11-13/ Hebrews 3:13/ Exodus 7:10-13/ 2 Corinthians 4:3-4/ Romans 1:18-32
2) Shallow Commitment
Luke 8:13/ Mark 4:16-17/ 1 Peter 4:12-17 and 1:3-9
3) Misplaced Priorities
Luke 8:14/ Matthew 6:25-34/ 1 Timothy 6:7-11/ Matthew 16:24-26
4) An Open Heart
Luke 8:15 and Mark 4:20/ John 15:1-4/ Galatians 5:22-23/ 2 Peter 1:3-11
The personal challenge:
Be careful how YOU listen
THREE THINGS WE DON'T WANT TO FORGET
1. When it comes to sharing our faith -
There is no magic bullet
2. Good starts are no guarantee of a happy ending
3. The only soil we can till is our own
TAKING IT HOME
1. One of the three things we don't want to forget from this weekend's sermon is that "the only soil we can till is our own." How would you say you're doing at tilling your own soil?
What can you do to aid the responsiveness of your heart to God's Word?
2. Is there anything that came up from this week's sermon or homework you'd like prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching Why Some Get It, Some Don't and Some Don't Last, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. As believers, we're called to maintain receptive hearts ...
There are 3678 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1839 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!