Sending 12 - Feeding 5,000 (20 of 68) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Sending 12 - Feeding 5,000 (20 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
Luke 9:1-17/ Matthew 14:13-21/ Mark 6:7-12 and 30-44/ John 6:1-14
A SECOND LOOK
Four Principles That Hugely Impact The Way
We Do Ministry Here At North Coast
1. Christianity is a team sport
Mark 6:7/ 3 John 9-10/ Hebrews 10:24-25/ Matthew 22:36-40/ John 13:35
- Ministry is not a sole proprietorship
- Spirituality is not a private relationship between "me and my God"
- When you read your Bible - read the word "you" as "you all"
2. Good starts don't guarantee happy endings
John 12:5-6, 13:29 / 1 John 2:3-5 / Luke 8:13-14 and 1 Corinthians 10:1-6/ Matthew 28:19-20
- Judas' start was so impressive they appointed him treasurer
3. Even Jesus and the Apostles needed a break
Matthew 11:28-30/ Matthew 23:4/ 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
- Not every need and opportunity has our name (or your name) on it
4. The guy who put up the "No Room In The Inn" sign
is not the hero of the story
Mark 6:31-34/ 1 Corinthians 9:19-27
- When God puts a need in front of you - do your best to meet it
TAKING IT HOME
As a result of this week's teaching, is there any realignment you'd like to consider to keep yourself refreshed or changes you need to make to respond to the needs around you?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there a particular point, verse or comment that caught your attention, challenged you or raised a question?
1. We all have different capacities and abilities in how we balance the ebb and flow of life and serving others. What might be your indicators that you're pushing too hard ...
There are 3467 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1734 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!