This content is part of a series.
When Good Crowds Out The Best (25 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
MARTHA'S MISSED OPPORTUNITY
The Right Heart - The Wrong Choice
Luke 10:38-42/ John 11:5/ John 11:1-45/ John 12:1-9
MAKING THE BETTER CHOICE
How To Keep Good From Crowding Out The Best
1. Remember: Everything is spiritual
Colossians 3:17/ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- Don't try to put God first -
Put him in the middle of everything
2. Learn To Ask: Does this really matter?
Matthew 6:33/ Luke 10:41/ Colossians 3:21/ Proverbs 10:19 and 17:27
- To grab hold of the best -
We have to let go of second best
3. Learn To Ask: What does God want me to do today?
- We find our assignment the same way
Jesus found out his assignment
Philippians 2:13/ Luke 3:21-22; 4:1, 18-19, 42-44; Luke 6:12-13
- Never confuse your calling with your potential
1 Corinthians 7:8 and 32-35
- Don't assume your assignment is everyone else's assignment
John 21:18-22/ 1 Corinthians 12
Growth Group Homework
Welcome to the Spring Quarter of Growth Groups!
This week we kick off our Spring Growth Group quarter. Your first meeting will include a potluck dinner, time to get acquainted, as well as time to discuss your Growth Group Covenant. The homework has been shortened this week to allow ample time to accomplish each of these.
To prepare for this week's meeting, take some time to focus on the questions below and be prepared to share your answers with the group. Have a great first meeting as you come together to connect and encourage one another to grow and to see God change our lives from the inside out!
1. Thinking back on your high school days, who was your favorite teacher and what was your favorite subject?
2. This weekend, Larry suggested that we learn to ask ourselves, "does this really matter?" to help keep the good from crowding ...
There are 3874 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1937 character sample of the full content.