Investing Wisely - How To Be Rich Toward God (31 of 68) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Investing Wisely - How To Be Rich Toward God (31 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
A STORY ABOUT A RICH GUY WHO MADE A REALLY STUPID DECISION
THE FOOL AND HIS BIGGER BARN
The problem was not his wealth or bigger barn
Proverbs 21:20/ 1 Timothy 6:17/ Ecclesiastes 5:19
The problem was his greed and spiritual poverty
Luke 12:15, 20-21/ I Timothy 6:9-10
GREED'S TOP THREE EARLY WARNING SIGNS
(1) When my self-esteem is based on my possessions
(2) When my security is based on my net worth
Luke 12:19/ James 4:13-16
(3) When my stuff is "my stuff"
Luke 12:16-19/ Ecclesiastes 5:19/ Acts 5:3
GREED'S SIMPLE CURE
(1) Never look down on those with less
1 Timothy 6:17/ Proverbs 6:16-19/ Proverbs 16:18
(2) Plan on losing it or leaving it behind
1 Timothy 6:17/ Luke 12:20-21/ James 4:13-16
(3) Lead with generosity
1 Timothy 6:18-19/ Proverbs 3:9-10/ Matthew 6:19-21/ 2 Corinthians 9:9-11
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's sermon, which of "Greed's Simple Cures" is most important for you to remember and why?
2. Jesus summed up our job description as his followers down to this: Love God with all you've got and love others as you love yourself.
(Paraphrase of Matthew 22:35-40.) We also know that "what we do
throughout the year is far more important than anything we'll ever do on
a weekend." Take some time to think and pray about where we go from
here and how we can continue to do what God wants us to do. Jot
down some of your ideas here:
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Take a look at your sermon notes from this week. Was there a point in the sermon that challenged you, caught your attention or even confused you?
1. Can you think of a time when somebody helped you out, served you, or met a need of yours that you couldn't meet on your own? If so, how did it feel and how did you respond?
What diff ...
There are 3989 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1994 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!