This content is part of a series.
God's Lost and Found Department (38 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
A TOUGH QUESTION:
Why do you hang around, accommodate and welcome sinners?
Luke 15:1-2/ Psalm 1:1
A SIMPLE ANSWER:
Because they are mine and I want them back
Luke 15:1-2/ Luke 5:31-32 and 1 Timothy 1:15/ Genesis 12:1-3 and Exodus 19:1-8/ 1 John 2:2
(1) It's what you would do with a wandering lamb
(2) It's what you would do if you lost a hundred bucks
(3) It's what you would do if your rebellious son came back
(4) You have no reason to be bent out of shape
THREE THINGS WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND
THE HEART OF GOD
Ezekiel 33:11/ Romans 5:8-10
THE CONSEQUENCES OF REBELLION
Luke 15:31-32 and 2 Samuel 12:13-14 and 1 Corinthians 3:10-15/ John 3:16/ 1 Timothy 1:15
THE STUPIDITY and SELFISHNESS OF THE OLDER BROTHER
Luke 15:31-32/ Matthew 20:1-16/ Matthew 18:21-35
Food for Thought
(Questions and scriptures for further personal study)
1. This weekend we saw three examples in scripture of the great lengths God goes to in order to see all come to know him ...
There are 2439 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1220 character sample of the full content.