This content is part of a series.
Playing Chess With The King (51 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Pastor Chris Brown
Setting The Scene:
Luke 20:19-26, 1 Timothy 2:1-7, Romans 13:1-7, 1 Peter 2:11-17, Daniel 1-6, Genesis 39-48, Jeremiah 29:4-9, Acts 23:1-5
- What we give to Caesar:
- What we give to God:
Genesis 1:26-27, Acts 5:27-29, Romans 12:1-2
Luke 20:27-40, Deuteronomy 25:5-7, John 6:40, 11:25, 2 Corinthians 5:1-9
- I really have no clue, but…
heaven will be different than we think,and we won't be disappointed.
Taking It Home:
- If we really are made in God's image, and
there really is a heaven, let's live like it!
TAKING IT HOME
1. This weekend Chris mentioned four things we're all required to give to Caesar. Which of those do you find the most challenging to give?
2. As you think about how you've engaged in expressing your political opinions, are there attitudes or actions that God has brought to mind that you want to look at more closely or change?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching "Playing Chess With The King", was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. What images, ideas or mental pictures did you have of heaven when you were in grade school?
In what ways has your image of heaven changed over the years?
2. Chris talked about the privileges and opportunities we enjoy by living in the United ...
There are 3251 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1626 character sample of the full content.