This content is part of a series.
What To Do When All Hell Breaks Loose (54 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
Part Three of A Three-Part Story
Luke 20:45-47/ Luke 21:1-4/ Luke 21:5-7 and Exodus 22:22-24
Part 1: Jesus blasted the religious leaders for their greed and arrogance
Part 2: Jesus praised a poor widow for her generosity
Part 3: Jesus predicts the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple
The Destruction of Jerusalem's Temple
When will it happen? What are the signs? How to prepare
(1) Ignore false prophets and date setters
Luke 21:8/ Matthew 24:36
(2) Don't worry about rumors of wars and uprisings
Luke 21:9/ Matthew 24:6
(3) Expect to be persecuted - but don't worry about it now
Luke 21:10-14/ 1 Peter 4:12-19
(4) When all hell breaks loose - stand firm
Luke 21:16-19/ James 4:7 and 1 Peter 5:9-10/ 2 Timothy 2:22
(5) Don't run and hide UNTIL armies surround Jerusalem
How To Know When Jesus Is About To Come Back And Set Up His Kingdom
(1) Watch for catastrophic and terrifying changes in the sky and the oceans
Luke 21:25-26/ Matthew 24:29-30
(2) Watch for Jesus visibly descending back to earth
Luke 21:27-28/ Matthew 24:26-31/ Mark 13:24-37/ Revelation 1:7
What To Do In The Meantime
Pay attention, stay morally pure and pray for strength and protection
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what's most important for you to remember in regards to God's judgment and Jesus' return?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from What To Do When All Hell Breaks Loose, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Have you ever found yourself or been around oth ...
There are 3665 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1832 character sample of the full content.