Why Most People Won't Be Great (56 of 68) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Why Most People Won't Be Great (56 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Pastor Chris Brown
Luke 22:23-30, 9:46-50, Mark 10:35-45, John 13:1-17, Acts 1:4-9
Four Keys To Greatness:
Luke 22:23-30, Philippians 2:1-18, Isaiah 14:12-15, John 21:15-19
1. Start by calling sin, sin
2. Choose last, first
3. Commit to out-serving our family, friends and others
4. Don't try to be the greatest you can be,try to be the best Jesus you can be
Four Reasons Why:
1. To show our obedience
2. To be like Christ
3. To have a greater impact
4. To get a better reward
TAKING IT HOME
One of the big "take homes" from this weekend's teaching was to out-serve those we most regularly come in contact with, starting in your family/home. What are a couple of ways you're serving at home? Are there two or three things you can add to your service at home? If so, explain.
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, is there one other thing that's important for you to remember?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. How would you have defined greatness when you were a kid? Have you seen your view of greatness change over the years? If so, explain.
2. Humility is often defined as "passive" and "powerless." Yet in reality, humility could be consider ...
There are 3091 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1546 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!