This content is part of a series.
Help! I've Fallen, and Can't Get Up (57 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. - The Jesus Story
Luke 22:31-38 and 54-62
Setting The Scene:
Three Keys To Understanding Failure:
1. Satan is real, and works in the:
2. Failure is an event, not a person
3. Failure can be Satan's greatest weapon, or God's most powerful tool
How To Overcome Failure:
Luke 22:54-62, John 4:1-42, John 21:15-19, 1 John 1:9, 2:1-2, Hebrews 7:24-25, 1 Peter 2:24
Satan: 1 Peter 5:8, John 8:44, 10:10, Ephesians 6:11, Revelation 12:9-10
- Call sin, sin…and own it!
- Repent and ask forgiveness
- Listen to what God says about you, not Satan's lies
- Remember that Jesus won't fail us, even when we fail him
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. King David is a great example of someone who faced failure and sin in his life. One of those failures was an affair he had with a neighbor's wife and a cover-up that included the murder of her husband. What ''closet cleaning'' steps do you see David taking in Psalm 51:1-17?
When it comes to dealing with your own failure and sin, is there any part of David's prayer that would be help ...
There are 2475 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1238 character sample of the full content.