Desperate Prayers (58 of 68) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Desperate Prayers (58 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
What's Wrong With This Picture?
Luke 22:39-46/ Matthew 26:38-39/ Mark 14:32-36
How To Pray In The Face Of A Major Crisis
(1) What I do before the crisis determines how much strength I will have in the crisis
Luke 22:39-40 and 46/ Colossians 3:2/ Matthew 6:13/ Matthew 7:24-27/ 1 Peter 5:6-10
(2) If I'm going to pray like Jesus - my prayers will be:
Luke 22:42/ Matthew 6:7-13
Luke 22:42/ Habakkuk 1:2-4/ Job 10:2-3, 18-22/ Matthew 27:45-46 and Psalm 22:1
Luke 22:42-44/ 2 Corinthians 12:7-10/ Luke 11:5-10 and 18:1-8
Luke 22:42 and Galatians 2:21/ 2 Samuel 12:13-25/ 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
(3) The Key to Courage:
Giving thanks for the good in the midst of the bad
TAKING IT HOME
1. Larry said that the key to courage is giving thanks for the good in the midst of the bad. Even though we just celebrated Thanksgiving, take a few moments to think through the good in your life that you are thankful for. Now take some time to talk to God about your list.
2. In 1 Peter 5:7 we're given instructions on how to handle the worry that often accompanies crisis-"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." Are there any cares you have that you need to cast on him?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from Desperate Prayers, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Do you notice any difference in your prayers when you are facing a major crisis as opposed to when things are going pretty smoothly?
In what circumstances is it easiest for you to pray? When is ...
There are 3691 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1846 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!