This content is part of a series.
Who's On Your Fantasy Church Team? (6 of 21)
Series: The Jesus Chronicles Part II
Pastor Chris Brown
The problem on the team:
Acts 6:1, Philippians 1:15-18, 2:1-4
The biggest threat is sometimes on our roster!
THE TEAM NEEDS PLAYERS WHO REALIZE THAT:
Acts 6:2-7, Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31, Matthew 4:23, 1 Peter 4:10-11
- Serving others is THE purpose of the church.
- We all have an essential part to play.
- We need to go above and beyond what is expected.
Acts 6:2-7, Ephesians 5:15-18, 2 Timothy 2:15
1. Players who are under the influence of God.
2. Players who use Common Sense.
NOTE: Spiritual growth does not just happen over time!
STEPHEN: ''OUT FOR THE SEASON''
Acts 6:8-7:60, Matthew 5:11-16, Matthew 6:19-24, Philippians 1:20-23
He had studied the Word.
He lived a life without glaring weaknesses.
He saw beyond the playing field.
THE FINAL SCORE:
Acts 8:1-3, Philippians 3:13-16
God's will is done.
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. What was a highlight of this past summer for you?
2. If you are new to Growth Group's this quarter, what's one reason you decided to join one?
If you're returning to a Growth Group this quarter, what are you loo ...
There are 2599 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1300 character sample of the full content.