This content is part of a series.
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? (7 of 21)
Series: The Jesus Chronicles Part II
Dr. Larry Osborne
GUESS WHO'S COMING TO OUR CHURCH?
Matthew 9:10-13/ 1 Corinthians 6:9-11/ 1 Corinthians 5:9-13
1. The people Jesus keeps inviting: Sinners
2. The kind of people who are already here: Sinners
3. The weird irony: Some of us think sinners are the enemy!
FOUR SURPRISE INVITEES TO THE EARLY CHURCH
1. A group of spiritual half-breeds called Samaritans.
Acts 8:1-25/ John 4:1-22/ Acts 1:8
2. An Ethiopian eunuch .
Acts 8:26-40/ Deuteronomy 23:1
3. An arch-enemy named Saul.
Acts 9:1-31/ Acts 7:55-8:3
4. A gentile pig named Cornelius.
LESSONS FOR TODAY
1. If we hide in our holy huddles - God will break them up.
Acts 1:8 and 8:1-4/ Matthew 5:13-16/ Acts 11:19-21
2. Never treat God's enemies as an enemy.
2 Timothy 2:24-26/ 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
3. Reach out to broken people and you'll find beautiful people.
Matthew 9:10-13/ 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's message and study what point do you feel is most important for you to remember and why?
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. If you had to watch one television program for one hour every day for one week and it couldn't be ESPN (sorry sports fans) what would it be and why?
2. Growing up, can you think of a time when you saw so ...
There are 2921 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1460 character sample of the full content.