This content is part of a series.
The Barnabas Factor - Helping Others Fly (8 of 21)
Series: The Jesus Chronicles Part II
Dr. Larry Osborne
Acts (Selected Passages)
The Hero Nobody Remembers
1. His name is nowhere - His fingerprints are everywhere.
2. Paul the Apostle - Gentile Christians - The Gospel of Mark
FIVE TELLING EPISODES
Helping Others Fly
1. Selling a field.
Acts 4:34-37/ Luke 16:11/ Proverbs 11:25
2. Sponsoring a former enemy.
Acts 9:26-28/ Romans 5:10/ Colossians 3:13
3. Trading places.
Acts 13:7-14:12/ 3 John 9-10/ Matthew 20:25-28
4. Defending the right to be different.
Acts 11:19-30 and 15:1-35/ Romans 14:1-15:7/ 1 Corinthians 3:3-9
5. Offering a second chance.
Acts 15:35-40/ Matthew 7:1-3/ Matthew 18:21-35
HELPING OTHERS FLY
1. It takes personal sacrifices.
2. We can't be afraid of failure.
3. We have to judge by the present not the past.
4. We have to focus on character not conformity.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's teaching and study, what one thing is most important for you to remember and apply? Why?
2. Is there anyone you need to thank for the role they've played in helping you fly higher - particularly anyone who might not know it?
3. Are there any changes in your attitude or actions that you need to make in order to become more like Barnabas (helping others to fly)?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at this week's teaching on "Helping Others Fly" what one thing particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. If you had to spend seven days doing one of the activities below and cost and survival were not an issue, what would you do and why? I'd spend it . . .
• on a cruise ship.
• on an uninhabited tropical island.
• driving across the country in the biggest RV you can imagine.
• flying aro ...
There are 3881 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1940 character sample of the full content.