Peter's (Not so) Great Escape (9 of 21) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Peter's (Not so) Great Escape (9 of 21)
Series: The Jesus Chronicles - Part 2
WHAT A WEEK!
The church suffers a loss.
The church uses its power.
The church shows its faith?
The church out lives us all.
FOUR THINGS TO REMEMBER IN A CRISIS
1. Prayer isn't just something we do; it's someone we're with.
Acts 12:5-12, Matthew 7:7-12, John 15:1-8, Romans 10:14-16, James 5:13-18
2. The opposite of faith is inaction; not doubt.
Acts 12:9, 11, 15-16, Mark 9:14-29, Matthew 8:23-27
3. It's not the amount; it's the object of our faith that matters.
Acts 12:5, James 2:17-20, Matthew 17:14-21
4. We ask for what we want, but God decides what we get.
Acts 12:1-4, 24-25, James 1:16-17
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there a specific way you deal with crises or is there a lesson you've learned about prayer you'd like to further develop as a result of this week's teaching and study?
2. Is there a certain situation or person you want to keep praying for or would like to ask prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at this week's teaching on ''Peter's (Not So) Great Escape'' was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. What was your response when you heard the early church prayed for Peter's release but then couldn't believe their prayer was answered?
2. Can you think of times when you find it easier to pray than others?
3. When you were growing up, how was crisis handled by the people you lived with (mark any that apply)? Is it any different than how you face it today?
There are 3373 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1686 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!