This content is part of a series.
What's The Deal With The Old Testament? (12 of 21)
Series: The Jesus Chronicles Part II
Pastor Chris Brown
The great debate!
What do we do with the o.t.? Acts 15:19-29, Acts 13:38-39, Galatians 2:15-16, 3:1-5, 23-25, Hebrews 10:1-4
- The Old Testament does show us God's: Character ,Heart Power, Plan .
- The Old Testament does not: Let us pick and choose.
What do we do with the laws and commands?
Acts 15:19-29, Romans 10:9-13, John 19:30, Matthew 5:17-18, 27:50-51, Romans 3:19-28
- If it is repeated in the New Testament: obey it.
- If it is not repeated, then ?????????
- We are now under a new contract.
Jeremiah 31:31, Luke 22:20, 1 Corinthians 11:25, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:8, 9:15, 12:24
''In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty,
and in all things charity.''
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study what was most helpful in understanding and /or applying the content of the Old Testament to your life?
How can your Growth Group best pray for you this week?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at this week's teaching on ''What's The Deal With The Old Testament'' was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. When you think of the Old Testament what comes to mind?
- Adventure and action
- Too old and thick to grasp
- Hard to understand
- Rich and full of variety
There are 2979 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1490 character sample of the full content.