Two Fools and an Accountant (4 of 5) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Two Fools and an Accountant (4 of 5)
Series: 72 Hours - Three Days No One Remembers
Dr. Larry Osborne
Mark 12:38 - 14:11
Setting The Scene:
? Forcing the Issue: A Recipe for Conflict.
? A Quick Fly By:
Understanding The Times And The Terms:
FIVE SHOCKING STATEMENTS
1. Your pastor is going to hell!
Mark 12:38-40/ Matthew 23:13-15/ Proverbs 8:13
2. God can't count.
Mark 12:41-44/ Mark 10:21-25/ Matthew 6:19-21/ Luke 12:16-21/ 1 Samuel 16:7
3. God won't always ride to the rescue!
Mark 13:1-23/ Daniel 1:1-2 and Hebrews 12:5-8/ Acts 14:21-22 and 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
4. Your prophesy conferences are a waste of time.
Mark 13:24-37/ 1 Timothy 1:5-7/ 1 Peter 1:10-12
5. It's all about ME! (Jesus that is)
Mark 14:1-11/ John 14:6/ Matthew 13:44-46
Taking It Home:
- Jesus moves in as Lord or He doesn't show up at all.
TAKING IT HOME
Can you think of any roadblocks in your own life that keep you from being all about Jesus?
We saw this week in our study that God is strong and loving, but doesn't always show up the way we want Him to. Are there any situations or issues in your life in which you don't sense God's power or love?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Was there one point from this week's sermon that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or maybe even confused you more than normal?
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. What is the "perfect thing" for you to do when it's raining outside?
2. Have you ever encountered a person or teacher that claimed to know the timetable of Jesus' return? Did you buy in or tune out? How did you respond?
3. Of the five shocki ...
There are 3419 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1710 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!