Save This Marriage (3 of 7) by North Coast Church
This content is part of a series.Save This Marriage (3 of 7)
Series: Life Change
Pastor Jesse Bradley
A REALITY CHECK:
1 Corinthians 7:28, 32-35; Ephesians 5:21
- Marriage will have its challenges.
Matthew 20:25-28; 1 Peter 3:7-9; Proverbs 30:21-23; Song of Solomon 2:8-13
1. Servant leadership includes sacrifice and gentleness.
2. Your wife needs you to pursue her.
Ephesians 5:22-23; Philippians 2:1-11; Proverbs 31:10-12, 28-31
1. Be careful with your extra conditions.
2. Your husband needs your respect.
1 Corinthians 13:1-8; Proverbs 18:1-2; Romans 12:9-16; Genesis 2:23-24
1. Selfishness is a poison.
2. Healthy conflict resolution has boundaries.
3. Trouble comes whenever your marriage is not a top priority.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking again at the "Love Languages," is there anything you can do specifically this week to better express your love and concern in the language of your spouse or good friend?
2. Is there anything you'd like prayer for in relation to the topic of marriage?
Affirming Words - Kind words about my accomplishments, behavior, appearance, or personality. "You did a good job...thanks... I appreciate you for..." These words can be spoken or written.
Time - Spending time together. "It's not activity but the time together that matters to me." Giving me quality time shows me you value me.
Gift Giving - It's the thought and the effort that counts - not the price tag! "The thoughtfulness and time it took tells me that you were thinking about me and that I'm important to you."
Acts of Service - Helping me out (cooking a meal, helping in the yard or with a project or assignment). Doing something you know I'd like you to do tells me you noticed and you care.
Physical Touch - Long before a child understands the meaning of love, the child feels loved by physical touch. I too feel loved by things as simple as a hug or a han ...
There are 5514 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!