This content is part of a series.
Dirty Jobs (5 of 7)
Series: Life Change
Dr. Larry Osborne
A QUICK THEOLOGY OF WORK
Genesis 1:28/ Genesis 3:17-19/ Colossians 3:17 and 23-24
- Work is a blessing not a curse.
- Every job stinks.
- Christians don't have jobs - They have a ministry assignment.
WHEN YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS
Colossians 3:22-25/ Ephesians 6:5-8/ 1 Corinthians 7:20-21/ Proverbs 22:29/ 1 Timothy 6:1-2 and Titus 2:9-10
1. Do what you were hired to do.
- In every area - every time.
- If it's sinful, don't do it. If it's stupid, do it well!
2. Have a great attitude - or fake a great attitude.
- If you can find a better job - take it.
- If you can't find a better job - quit complaining!
3. Pursue excellence - reject good enough.
- If you want to be paid more later - be worth more now.
- Remember, you are a missionary on special assignment!
WHEN YOU ARE THE BOSS
Colossians 3:25-4:1/ Proverbs 20:28 and 1 Kings 12:3-17/ Matthew 18:23-35 and Matthew 7:2
1. Create a work environment that is both just and fair.
- Fair does not mean equal!
2. Treat your subordinates as you want God to treat you.
Growth Group Homework
This week is the final meeting of the Winter Quarter. (Note: This is not the final meeting for the College groups and Introductory Growth Groups.) Your Growth Group homework has been shortened to allow you time to celebrate Communion together and reflect on how God has worked this past quarter. The Spring Growth Group Quarter meets for 9 weeks and begins the week of April 6 and goes through June 7.
1. Describe your first job - what you liked about it, what you didn't, and anything else that comes to mind.
2. People approach work with a variety of different perspectives and attitudes. How was work approached in the home you grew up in? (Pick any that apply.)
Work then play
Play then work
Orderly and on tas ...
There are 4012 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.