This content is part of a series.
How The Promised Land Became A Spiritual Wasteland (1 of 9)
Series: Judges: Scripture's Believe It Or Not!
Pastor Jesse Bradley
Judges 1:1 - 2:10
A GOOD START:
Rising Up To The Challenge
Judges 1:1-19 / Genesis 49:8-9 / Deuteronomy 8:1-9 / Joshua 23:6-11 / Genesis 15:16
- Listen closely to God in times of transition.
- Testing reveals what is actually in your heart.
- With many of God's promises, there is still work to be done.
A WEAK FINISH:
Backing Down From The Challenge
Judges 1:20-36 / Deuteronomy 7:17-24 / Isaiah 42:16-17 / James 4:17 / Philippians 3:12-14
- Half-hearted obedience leads to long-term disasters.
- Sometimes God's timing and progress is gradual.
- If you are on the right track, don't quit.
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT ALL OF THIS?
Judges 2:1-10 / Genesis 3:9 / 1 Kings 19:9 / Jonah 4:10-11 / Matthew 6:27 / 2 Corinthians 7:10
- God uses questions to sharpen our thinking.
- God desires more for us than just a shallow faith.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Can you think of any situations in your own life where you may be tempted to partially obey God's commands?
What are some steps you can take to keep from giving in to this temptation?
2. Looking back on Digging Deeper Question 3, is there an area in your life that you'd like to experience more of God's rest, comfort or hope?
How would you like your Growth Group to pray for you in this regard?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from How The Promised Land Became A Spiritual Wasteland, what was most challenging, helpful or interesting to you?
1. Can you think of a time growing up when you disobeyed your parents and got caught? What was your reaction to getting cau ...
There are 3580 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1790 character sample of the full content.