Gideon - Never Believe God the First Time? (4 of 9) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Gideon - Never Believe God the First Time? (4 of 9)
Series: Judges: Scripture's Believe it or Not
The Reluctant Hero Who
Never Believed God the First Time
1. God always meets us where we are.
Judges 6:17, 27, 36-40 and 7:9-11/ Matthew 11:28-30 and 12:20/ 1 Corinthians 10:13
2. Ministry always starts at home.
Judges 6:25-26/ Matthew 7:3-5
3. It's not a good thing to seek a sign when
God has already spoken.
Judges 6:36/ Matthew 12:38-40/ John 20:24-31/ Balaam Story in Numbers 22:4-24:25 and 2 Peter 2:15
4. Never confuse a foolish risk with a step of faith.
Judges 7:1-8/ Proverbs 22:3/ Proverbs 19:2-3
5. Never replace God with a religious system.
Judges 8:27 (1 Samuel 30:7)
TAKING IT HOME
1. Is there an area in your life where you feel the need to be ''strong and courageous'' that you'd like prayer for?
2. This weekend we heard five life lessons from the life of Gideon. Which one is the biggest need in your life right now? What step could you take to begin working that lesson into your life?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from Never Believe God the First Time?, what was most challenging, helpful, or interesting to you?
1. Has there been a time in your life when you knew God's will but were afraid to follow it? What was it that made you fearful?
2. Over the years, have there been any religious practices or traditions that you participated in or observed in others that seemed meaningless to you?
There are 3192 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1596 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!