This content is part of a series.
Greed and Generosity (10 of 47)
Series: The Genesis Project
Dr. Larry Osborne
The Back Story
The Main Story
The Truth About
Greed and Generosity
(1) Greed is a deadly spiritual poison
2 Peter 2:6-9/ Ephesians 5:5-7
(2) Lot's problem was not money - it was the love of money
1 Timothy 6:9-10/ Proverbs 23:4-5/ Proverbs 19:22
(3) Greed flows out of our desire to be respected and happy
(4) Ironically, greedy people are despised and never satisfied
Proverbs 15:27 and 28:25/ Ecclesiastes 5:10 and Proverbs 10:22
(5) The path to respect, satisfaction, and success starts with generosity
Proverbs 11:24-25/ Matthew 20:25-28/ Philippians 2:3-5/ 1 Timothy 6:10-11
Growth Group Homework
Because this is the last meeting of the fall quarter, the homework is shorter than normal. As usual, your final meeting will include a look back on how God has worked this past quarter, along with completing Feedback Forms. Our winter Growth Group quarter will begin the week of January 13, 2013. Have a great few weeks off celebrating the birth of our Lord! Merry Christmas!
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. The Christmas season is here and what comes to our minds, what we like about it and what we hope to experience can result in a variety of interesting answers. To find out how the people in your Growth Group are the same and different, answer the following questions:
First Christmas song that comes to mind:
First Christmas character that comes to mind besides Santa (Baby Jesus is not an answer - He's God ...
There are 3485 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1742 character sample of the full content.