This content is part of a series.
The Power of Community (3 of 4)
Series: What Difference Does It Make?
Pastor Steve Redden
TRUTH IN ADVERTISING
LET'S GET IT STARTED
The Question: What difference does it make?
The Answer: The difference it makes is discovered in the difference we make.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEN…
Acts 2:42-47 • Acts 4:32-36
1. We make time and space for each other.
2. We live in unity with each other.
Matthew 5:43-48 • John 13:35 • John 17:20-23 • Galatians 3:26-29 • Ephesians 2:11-22
It's unity, not uniformity!
3. We extend generosity to each other.
Proverbs 3:27-28 • Acts 5:1-11 • Acts 6:1-4 • 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15
It's voluntary, not compulsory.
- Generosity doesn't mean equality.
THE END RESULT
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study in regards to the power of community, was there one point or statement you'd like to remember and apply?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Was there one point from this week's sermon that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you more than the others?
1. This week we looked at the power of community and the importance of being connected. What role has community played in your faith journey?
2. Steve mentioned the following three questions in this week's teaching. Which one caught your attention the most and why?
Where am I making time and space to make and develop friends?
What things do people do that bother me, which I don't like or can't stand?
Who needs my help and what ...
There are 3148 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1574 character sample of the full content.