What Do You Do With A Dead Jesus? (4 of 4) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.What Do You Do With A Dead Jesus? (4 of 4)
Series: What Difference Does It Make?
Pastor Chris Brown
Jesus gave His life for me, in order to take my life from me, so He could live His life through me.
Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Mark 8:34-37
The Struggle We All Face:
We don't need more desire or knowledge, we need power!
Following the rules in my own power produces a Pharisee
Bottom Line: The law does not defeat sin, it simply detects sin.
The Solution We All Need:
- The battleground is in the mind.
Romans 8:1-5, 12:1-2, Colossians 3:5-10
- Every day is a series of choices.
Galatians 5:16-24, Matthew 16:22-23, Romans 6:4-8
- Don't cloud the water.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, Ephesians 4:29-32
TAKING IT HOME
1. This weekend we looked at the chart below which compares what the cross and the empty tomb mean for our walk with God. Does this list change any of your perceptions about living the Christian life?
2. Was there something from this week's sermon that you would particularly like to remember this coming week or would like prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Was there one point from this week's sermon that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you more than the other points?
1. This weekend Chris said, "Jesus gave His life for me, in order to take my life from me, so that He could live His life through me." What about this statement caught your attention the most and why?
2. During this series we've learned about the Holy Spirit and how He can work in us and through us. Perhaps t ...
There are 3543 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1772 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!