This content is part of a series.
The Focus of Expectation is People (2 of 8)
Series: The X Factor
Introduction: We have launched into our new X Factor series with a spirit of faith and enthusiasm. In our first message we laid out our key verse, Romans 15:13, into eight main sections. Our first message entitled, "The Foundation for Expectation Is Desire" laid the groundwork for understanding expectation. In this message we will concentrate on how God, through the Holy Spirit, has set his eye upon those who need an expectation visitation.
I. UNDERSTANDING EXPECTATION
A. KEY SCRIPTURE AND DEFINITION
1. Rom. 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Expectation is to have a strong desire and be filled with anticipation and confidence in obtaining what is hoped for and expected.
a. Expectation helps us see the possibilities of tomorrow with realities of today and motivates us to do what needs to be done.
b. Jesus is a YOU specialist. Jesus ministered to the crowds but touched the individuals. The woman with the issue of blood who touched His garment was in the crowd. The blind man who called out for mercy was in the crowd.
3. Prayer of expectation: Lord I believe You are good and You desire to release into my life wonderful, unimaginable, miraculous, great, and mighty things. Today I pray with large expectations by the power of the Holy Spirit. Enlarge my vision. Increase my faith. Secure my future.
4. Michelangelo: "Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I accomplish."
B. THE FOCUS OF EXPECTATION IS PEOPLE
"Now may the God of hope fill you…"
1. You - the one being addressed personally, by name
2. You - the one being singled out and valued
3. You - the one being looked into and over carefully
4. Isa. 41:9-10 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, "You are My servant, I have chosen you and have ...
There are 9906 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.