This content is part of a series.
The Time for Expectation is Now (3 of 8)
Series: The X Factor
Introduction: All things are created twice. Vision is the first creation, expectation is the desire of vision. For a house, it's called "blueprint." For a life, it's called "mission." Now is the present time, in the present circumstance. This present moment is our time to renew our heart of expectation concerning our future. I desire to remove all reasons not to expect "now" great things from God. If you have a temperament that always expects the best or a temperament that struggles to expect anything good, be encouraged. God is greater than our temperaments.
I. UNDERSTANDING EXPECTATION
A. KEY VERSES
1. Rom. 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Rom. 15:13, Message: Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!
3. Rom. 13:11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
1. Expectation is to have a strong desire and be filled with anticipation and confidence in obtaining what is hoped for and expected.
2. "Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then we shall find the way." -Abraham Lincoln
3. Prayer of Expectation…Today: Lord, today is my day and I will, with Your help, start expecting and working toward the great future You have given me. Little by little, step by step, we, together, will build a great life beyond imagination.
a. At this present time or moment
b. Under these present circumstances
c. Immediately - without delay
II. HINDRANCES TO REMOVE
A. REMOVE THE DELAY ATTITUDE AND HABIT
1. Delay means to be stopped, detained or hindered for a time, to cause to be slower or to occur more s ...
There are 13434 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.