This content is part of a series.
The Emotion of Expectation is Joy (7 of 8)
Series: The X Factor
Introduction: Joy is both the source of expectation and the result of expectation. Joy and expectation are merged together at several pivotal points in the expectation journey. There is the joy that is evident when a person first begins to have real and deep expectation for the future. The joy of beginning is a true joy but it does not guarantee the expectation will be fulfilled or that the joy felt at the beginning will be sustained. The joy of the successful journey is the joy that is evident as you get into fulfilling your expectations. This joy is not based on emotion but on disciplines and achievements. Then we have the joy of finishing. This is the joy of finishing expectation over a lifetime.
A. KEY SCRIPTURE
1. Rom. 15:13, NCV I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in Him. Then your hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Expectation: To have a strong desire and be filled with anticipation and confidence in obtaining what is hoped for and expected.
1. To experience great pleasure and delight
2. A state of happiness characterized by being cheerful
3. One's heart is laughing; one's eyes are dancing; one's life is cheerful, happy, enjoyable; and one's mouth is filled with laughter.
4. Joy of expectation: The emotion evoked by the prospect of possessing what one desires and has high expectations for receiving
II. THE JOY OF BEGINNING
A. THE JOY OF SEEING YOUR LIFE EXPECTATION
1. The rising of the sun…the awakening of the dawn…the energy of the scent…In the beginning God. The end can be seen in the beginning…the seed is there.
2. Prov. 10:24 The fear of the wicked will come upon him, and the desire of the righteous will be granted.
3. Vision helps us spot present opportunities when others might not see them, but also points us toward the future and inspires us to ask, "Wha ...
There are 7819 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.