Good Wine For A Lame Party (3 of 7) by North Coast Church
This content is part of a series.Good Wine For A Lame Party (3 of 7)
Series: Jesus the Wildman
Pastor Jesse Bradley
A LAME PARTY:
A healthy spiritual life might include some parties.
No contact = No impact.
No difference = No impact.
A crisis does not eliminate all of our choices.
Matthew 5:13-16, Proverbs 25:28, John 7:1-9, Mark 2:15-17, 2 Timothy 4:5
The Jars = An outrageous choice.
Find out if the ritual is from God.
Don't get stuck in empty rituals.
The Wine = A dangerous choice.
Alcohol can lead to sin.
Jesus introduces something better than rules.
Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 23:25-28, Ephesians 5:18-20, Proverbs 23:29-35, Isaiah 55:1-3
THE SEND OFF:
1) Don't just enjoy the wine.
2) Be creative and make the party better.
3) Remember transformation is more important than
a short-term fix.
James 1:16-17, Psalm 8, Acts 17:22-34, Romans 8:28-29, Luke 5:1-11
Growth Group Homework
Welcome to the Spring Quarter of Growth Groups. The homework has been shortened a little to allow ample time to reconnect with your group, discuss the covenant, and kick off your first meeting with a potluck dinner. Have a great Spring Quarter!
1. Looking back over your notes from this week's sermon, what did you find most challenging or interesting?
2. Growing up, did you have any preconceived ideas about what Christians should or shouldn't do that you later learned were inaccurate? If so, what were they?
3. There are ...
There are 3152 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1576 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!