When Did Jesus Become Cute, Nice, Gullible and Tame? (4 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.When Did Jesus Become Cute, Nice, Gullible and Tame? (4 of 7)
Series: Jesus the Wildman
Dr. Larry Osborne
A NICE BRACELET, BUT IT'S THE WRONG QUESTION:
- WWJD should have asked "What Did Jesus Do?"
1 John 2:6
FOUR FACES OF JESUS:THE IMAGE vs THE REALITY
1. Jesus in a manger.
Luke 2:7-16 vs Matthew 2:1-20
2. Jesus doing miracles and telling everyone to play nice.
Matthew 8:16/ Luke 6:27-31 vs John 5:12-14/ Matthew 10:32-38/ Matthew 23:13-39
3. Jesus on the cross.
Luke 23:33-34 vs Luke 12:4-5 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
4. Jesus next to an empty tomb.
Luke 24:1-12 and 50-52 vs Philippians 2:5-11/ Revelation 19:10-16 and 22:12-17
THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE . . .
Matthew 28:18-20/ 2 Corinthians 5:9-10/ Revelation 19:10-16
- He's a reigning King with an assignment for each of us.
- He'll judge and reward us based on how well we carry it out.
- He's coming back and it won't be pretty!
THIS WEEK'S ASSIGNMENT FROM THE LIVING KING:
1 John 2:6/ Matthew 6:14-15/ Luke 10:27-37/ Matthew 20:25-28 and John 13:1-17/ Matthew 9:11-13
- Find someone to forgive.
- Find someone to help.
- Serve someone who is supposed to serve you.
- Reach out to someone most religious people would write off.
Growth Group Homework
This week we heard how our image of Jesus and who He really is can, at times, be in conflict. Was there any statement or point that was particularly confusing, caught your attention or challenged you?
1. Looking back at your childhood, was there anything your family, friends or relatives typically did during spring break and/or Easter weekend?
Typically the same as any other week
Group or family vacation
Special family or friends get together
2. We all, at times, fall into the trap of making Jesus fit our view of who He is and miss who He really is. Looking back at the "Four Faces of Jesus" mentioned in this week's teaching, is there one you would ty ...
There are 4068 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!