This content is part of a series.
Wild Man Disciples - The Original "Peter Principles" (5 of 7)
Series: Jesus the Wildman
Dr. Larry Osborne
BREAKFAST WITH JESUS
- Peter's Story Before The Story:
His other name: Simon
Mark 1:16-17 and 3:16/ John 1:41-42/ Matthew 16:13-19
His foolish pride
Mark 14:27-31, Luke 22:31-34 and John 13:36-38/ Proverbs 11:2 and 16:18
His colossal failure
Matthew 26:69-75 and John 18:15-27
- An Early Morning Fish Fry
John 21:1-23/ See also Matthew 28:9-10
THE ORIGINAL "PETER PRINCIPLES"
To Become A "Wild Man" Disciple, I Must. . .
- Face my past - and then move on.
1 John 1:8-10 / Revelation 12:10 and 1 John 2:1-2/ Jeremiah 18:1-10/ Matthew 9:11-13
- Discover my primary calling and fulfill it.
Mark 1:14-18 and John 21:15-18/ 1 Corinthians 7:17-24/ 1 Peter 2:11-12 and 3:15-16
- Worry about my own stuff - not everyone else's assignment.
Matthew 7:1-5/ 1 Samuel 3:12-13 and Proverbs 19:18/ 1 Corinthians 5:9-13/ 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
OUR SPIRITUAL RESPONSIBILITY TREE:
Myself, then My Family, then My Spiritual Family, then My World.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from Wild Man Disciples, which particular point or passage of Scripture most challenged, confused, or caught your attention?
1. We heard about Peter's denial of Christ this weekend. Can you think of any situations you've been in where it would have been easy for you to downplay the fact you were a Christian?
2. When we think about getting involved in other people's lives, we can often go to one extreme or the other - either putting our nose into places it doesn't belong or not getting involved even when that is the appropriate response. Can you think of a time when you were too involved or not involved enough in someone's life? If so, explain.
There are 3750 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1875 character sample of the full content.