Where To From Here? (7 of 7) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Where To From Here? (7 of 7)
Series: Jesus the Wildman
Dr. Larry Osborne
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
A LOOK BACK AT THE VERY FIRST WEEKEND OF SERVICE
- Getting Ready:
- Before they went out to serve, Jesus thinned the herd.
- Serving Others:
Luke 10:1-17/ Matthew 4:23-24/ Matthew 26:6-15
- They weren't sent out just to do good deeds.
- They were sent out as Jesus' advance team.
- They focused on those who were open to their message.
- Reporting Back:
Luke 10:17/ Acts 14:26-27/ Acts 15:1-4/ Acts 21:17-19
WHAT MAKES AN EVENT LIKE THIS SO IMPORTANT?
- A Surprising Response:
Luke 10:18-21/ Mark 8:36-38/ 1 Peter 2:10-12/ 2 Corinthians 9:11-13
- Poverty, injustice and poor health are not life's biggest problem.
- Words without good deeds lack credibility.
-Good deeds without words lack eternal impact.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- What Does God Want?
Matthew 22:36-40/ John 14:15/ Matthew 7:12
- Genuine spirituality loves God AND our neighbor
That means we need both obedience and compassion.
- The Most Important Thing:
- What we do throughout the year is far more important than anything we'll ever do on a weekend.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Take a look at your sermon notes and maybe even check out a few of the Scriptures listed on Pastor Larry's outline. Was there a point in the sermon, a verse, or anything from the Weekend of Service video clips that surprised you, motivated you, or caused you to think differently?
1. Can you think of a time when somebody helped you out, served you, or met a need of yours that you couldn't meet on your own? If so, how did it feel and how did you respond?
What difference, if any, did it make in your life?
2. Check any of the statements below that best describe what typically motivates you to help others who are in need.
Just seeing a need Obeying God's call
Feeling a tug on ...
There are 4616 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!