This content is part of a series.
Honoring Wisdom (3 of 5)
Series: A Life That Honors God
Pastor Frank Damazio
If you honor God by living according to honorable principles, God will honor you. We have identified 10 basic honoring principles and are working through as many of them as possible. Today, we examine wisdom as one of the values we are to honor. A wise person will be honored by God with biblical success. Success is not measured by what we are, but by what we could be. It is not based on what we do, but what we could be or should be doing in direct proportion to our obedience to the 10 basic honoring principles. By doing so, we will discover God's fullest blessings and favor upon our lives.
Many ask the "Why" questions:
- Why did this happen to me?
- Why didn't God intervene?
- Why is God silent?
- Why hasn't God met my needs?
Wisdom principles will help answer these questions.
1. An honorable person highly regards, respects, and esteems God, His Word, His principles and places value on what God values by living a life of honor.
2. "The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."
3. "A Godly Person prizes honor above worldly goods." (Rembrandt)
4. "Every individual is the architect of his own future!"
5. Violation of wisdom principles will cause problems, we must see the connection.
1. 1 Chron. 29:12 Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
- David's praise before all the people
- Result: "So he died in a good old age, full of days and riches and honor; and Solomon his son reigned in his place." (1 Chron. 29:28)
2. Prov. 3:13,16 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; length of days is in her right hand, in her left hand riches and honor!
- Solomon's insight
3. 2 Chron. 1:11-12 Then God said to Solomon: "Because this was in your heart, and you have no ...
There are 13639 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.