Honoring Humility (5 of 5) by Frank Damazio
This content is part of a series.Honoring Humility (5 of 5)
Series: A Life that Honors God
Introduction: Humility. What comes to your mind when you hear the word ''humility?'' Humble. When you say, ''So and so is really a humble person,'' what do you mean? How did you come to that conclusion? God honors those who have humility, so how do you get humility? First Peter 5:5 makes it pretty clear that we are responsible to put on the garment of humility. If you honor humility, humility will exalt you, put favor on you and do for you what others wish would be done for them, but they cannot seem to find humility.
Andrew Murray said, ''The great test of whether the holiness we profess to seek or to attain is truth and life will be whether it produces an increasing humility in us.''
- Prov. 29:23 A man's pride will bring him low, but the humble in spirit will retain honor.
- Prov. 15:33 The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom and before honor is humility.
- Prov. 18:12 Before destruction, the heart of a man is haught and before honor is humility.
- Prov. 11:2 When pride comes, then comes shame, but with the humble is wisdom.
- Col. 3:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering.
I. WE ARE BORN WITH A SINFUL SELF-EGO
Eph. 2:1-3 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air - the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind and were - by nature - children of wrath, just as the others.
A. Our natural tendency is toward a ''self'' that is rooted in sin and a sinful ego
1. We were - by nature - born into this world rebellious, stubborn and self-willed. We were sinners at birth.
2. We lean toward selfishness, self-protection and self- ...
There are 25264 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!