This content is part of a series.
How The Family Was Broken (2 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Pastor Chris Brown
Looking Back At Last Week:
Breaking Down Hosea:
- 19 times the term prostitution is used
- 19 times the phrase acknowledging God is used
- 15 times the phrase loving kindness is used
- 96 times God calls his people by name
What The Bride Forgot About Marriage:
Hosea 4:1-19, 6:4-11, Exodus 19:1-6, 1 John 1:6-7, 2:3-6, 9-11, 15-17, 3:4-11, 16-18
1. God defines what the relationship looks like, we don’t
2. Worship is about who God is, not what we get
3. Faithfulness is an all-or-nothing commitment
What The Kids Forgot About Dad:
Hosea 11:1-12, James 1:16-18, Matthew 7:21-23, 2 Peter 3:9
1. Dad provided everything that they had
2. Dad won’t be Savior, without being in charge
3. Dad’s unfairness can’t be taken for granted
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at the last section of this week’s teaching “What The Kids Forgot About Dad”, which point is most important for you to remember and why?
2. Is there anything else from this week’s teaching and study you’d like to ask your group to pray about?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. If you could redefine what a relationship with God looks like, what changes, if any, would you make?
2. This week, we were given a number of reminders about who Dad (a.k.a. God) is. What do you think most people tend to forget about who
Can you think of anything you tend to forget about? If so, explain.
1. Our study in the book of Hosea has once ag ...
There are 3584 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1792 character sample of the full content.