This content is part of a series.
Obadiah (5 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
The Stories Behind The Story:
Genesis 25:19-34, 27, Numbers 20:14-21, 2 Chronicles 20:1-30
The Problems With The Edomites:
Obadiah 1, Ezekiel 25:12-14, 35:1?36:5, Lamentations 4:12-22
- Edom's response to their own position was pride
- Edom's response to need was indifference
- Edom's response to the vulnerable was personal gain
- Edom's response to injustice was boasting
How Not To Be An Edomite:
Proverbs 6:16-19, 16:5, 16:18-19; Psalms 10:4, Mark 7:20-23, Isaiah 14:12-15, 1 Corinthians 4:7, Matthew 5:3, 14:13-16; 25:31-46, James 1:27, 2:14-19, John 13:35, Isaiah 1:17
1. Respond to our own position with humility
2. Respond to needs with compassion
3. Respond to the vulnerable with generosity
4. Respond to injustice with brokenness
Two Things Worth Remembering:
1. An attitude of superiority can become deadly
2. Dad never forgets who hurts his children
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. One of the important ways to avoid being an Edomite is to develop humility instead of pride. Noted author C.S. Lewis wrote, ''the essential vice, the utmost evil, is pride - pride leads to every other vice: it is the complete anti-God state of mind.'' Solomon ...
There are 2618 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1309 character sample of the full content.