You Can Run But You Can't Hide (6 of 17) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.You Can Run But You Can’t Hide (6 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Dr. Larry Osborne
Jonah’s Fishy Story
Jonah 1-3/ 2 Kings 14:25/ Matthew 12:39/ Nahum 1-3 / Deuteronomy 29:29
1) If we fixate on the fish, we’ll miss the elephant.
2) This is a story about disobeying God’s clear instructions.
What To Expect When We Say, “NO”
To God’s Clear Instructions
1) Expect a storm.
Jonah 1:4/ 1 Peter 4:17-18/ Hebrews 12:5-11/ Proverbs 3:11-12
2) Expect to put others in danger.
Jonah 1:5-15/ Joshua 7:1-12/ 2 Samuel 12:7-10/ 1 Chronicles 21:1-19
3) Expect a fish.
4) Expect the same assignment.
Jonah 2:9-10, 3:1-2/ Romans 11:29
Growth Group Homework
1. If you could choose one food to have zero calories (which means you could eat all the time), what would you choose?
2. This week we had a front row seat to watch Jonah running from God and the assignment he had for him. Can you think of any reasons why people run from God and his plan today?
Can you think of a time when you ran from God or resisted one of his clear instructions? If so, what happened?
3. Looking back at your notes from “You Can Run But You Can’t Hide,” was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Jonah had good reasons for not liking the Ninevites. We also encounter p ...
There are 2847 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1424 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!