When the Preachers Lie (8 of 17) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.When the Preachers Lie (8 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Micah 1:1- 3:12
Micah: A Quick Fly-By
The Preacher and The People
The Problem Then and Now
1) God's People Had Become Spiritually Dull.
Romans 1:18-32/1 Corinthians 2:14/Micah 1:1-6/2:1-3/3:1-4, 9-10/6:9-16/7:1-6
2) Everyone Claimed God's Promises But Ignored His Warnings.
Deuteronomy 28-30/Jeremiah 27:14-22/1 John 2:3-5/Matthew 7:21-27/Micah 2:6-7
3) The Preachers Said What The People Wanted To Hear Instead Of
What God Wanted Said.
Micah 2:11; 3:5-7/John 14:6
How To Discern Truth From Wishful Thinking
1) Always Check The Message With All Of Scripture.
Acts 17:11/1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
2) Check The Fruit Before You Buy The Tree.
Matthew 7:15-20/1 Timothy 3:1-7/Deuteronomy 18:21-22
3) Remember, The Majority Can Be Dead Wrong.
4) Never Confuse God's Patience With His Approval.
TAKING IT HOME
Looking Back At This Week's Teaching And Study, What Is Most Important For You To Remember? Explain Why.
Growth Group Homework
Looking Back At Your Notes From This Week's Teaching When The Preachers Lie, Was There Anything That Particularly Caught Your Attention, Challenged Or Confused You?
1. We Heard This Weekend That We Need To Check Out The Fruit Before We Buy The Tree. Is There Anyone You Can Think Of Who Had A Message They Wanted People To Accept, But That Message Was Undermined By How They Lived Their Life? If So, Explain.
2. None Of Us Likes To Be Wrong, Whether We're Standing Alone Or With The Majority. Can You Think Of A Time When You Were In The Major ...
There are 3404 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1702 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!