The Other Side of Faith (11 of 17) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.The Other Side of Faith (11 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
It's Not What Most People Think It Is
Faith is not…
- positive thinking
-the absence of doubt
- a strong imagination
- trusting God enough to do what he says
- trusting God enough to not quit
Two Tough Questions And A Song Of Faith
Question #1: Why are you tolerating wickedness?
God's Answer: I'm not. But I have a plan that will shock you.
Habakkuk 1:1-11/ Daniel 1:1-2/ Jeremiah 1
Question #2: Why would you use them? They're worse than we are!
God's Answer: I'll deal with them later.
Habakkuk's Song of Faith: I'll trust you no matter what happens.
Habakkuk 3:1-19 (especially 3:16-19)
Life Lessons To Take Home
1. How To Complain To God
Habakkuk 1-2/ Psalm 13/ Psalm 22/ Psalm 88
2. How God's Judgment Works
1 Peter 4:17, Hebrews 12:4-13, 1 Timothy 5:20-21 & James 3:1/ Daniel 1:1-2
3. What Real Faith Looks Like
Hebrews 11/ Habakkuk 3:16-19
- Sometimes faith looks like a powerful conqueror
- Sometimes faith looks like a stubborn survivor
TAKING IT HOME
1. What was most helpful to you from this week's sermon or homework in doing what God says even if it makes no sense, or not quitting even when nothing works out like it's supposed to?
2. Is there an area of your life you've been complaining to God about? Are there any steps you need to take to be in a better place to hear him when he responds to your complaint?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching The Other Side Of Faith, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Larry listed three things that faith is not. As you look at the list, ...
There are 3729 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1864 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!