How to Patch the Hole in Your Pocket (13 of 17) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.How to Patch the Hole in Your Pocket (13 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Haggai: Finally! A Prophet
Everyone Listened To!
The Backstory - The Audience - The Response
- These were godly people
- Their economy was a total mess
- They didn't know what God wanted
- Once they knew, they immediately obeyed
The Principles: How To Patch
The Hole In Your Pocket
1) Put God's House Before Your House
Haggai 1:2-11 and 2:15-19/ Proverbs 3:9-10/ 2 Samuel 24:18-24 and 1 Chronicles 21:18-26
- Honor God first - not with your leftovers
2) Stop Pretending
Proverbs 12:9 and 13:7/ Proverbs 21:17/ Proverbs 22:7
- Commit to live within your means-
- The image trap:
- The pleasure trap:
3) Start Saving
Proverbs 21:20 and 13:22/ Proverbs 13:11
- Commit to live below your means
- The fool devours all he has
- 10/10/80 - Pay God, then pay yourself
TAKING IT HOME
1. As you look back at this week's teaching and study, is there anything you want to add or change regarding the use of your finances?
2. Focusing on what God has given us is one way we can increase our level of contentment, no matter what situation we find ourselves in. Take a minute and think about what God has provided for you relationally, materially, and spiritually. Spend some time thanking him for these things.
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
There are 3169 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1584 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!