Renewing the Vows (14 of 17) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Renewing the Vows (14 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Two prophets, one audience:
Zechariah 1, Ezra 5:1-2, 6:14, James 4:7-10, Romans 10:16-21
Haggai: God's concern for his house.
Zechariah: God's concern for our hearts.
- We can't know the will of God, without knowing the Word of God.
- We can't be in the will of God, without obeying the Word of God.
A picture that's worth a thousand words:
Zechariah 3, Ephesians 6:10-18, Exodus 28:36-38, Hebrews 4:16, John 15:1-17
- Satan sees our sin and accuses us.
- God sees our sin and chooses us.
- It is only grace and mercy that gives us access to God.
God's thoughts on religion:
Zechariah 7:1-10, Mark 12:28-31, 1 Samuel 2:30, 15:22-23
- Being religious can't erase our past sins.
- Being religious can't erase our current sins.
- So, instead of getting religious, get right with God.
Beware of the progression of rejection:
Zechariah 7:11-14, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Proverbs 1:24-28, John 9:31, Isaiah 59:2
Refusing, Justifying, Stopping, Hardening
Obey because your prayers and eternity depend on it.
1. Summer is just around the corner! Do you have any special plans, activities or prayer requests for the next few months?
2. Looking back at this weekend's teaching from ''Renewing The Vows,'' was there a particular point, comment or verse that caught your attention, challenged you or confused you?
DIGGING DEEPER & TAKING IT HOME
1. This weekend Chris talked about God's thoughts on religion. Jesus also had a lot to say about religion when he addressed the Pharisees, a group of religious leaders of his day. They often placed their cultural teaching ...
There are 3400 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1700 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!