Love The One You're With (16 of 17) by Chris Brown
This content is part of a series.Love The One You’re With (16 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
Pastor Chris Brown
Summing up Malachi:
Back to the basics of marriage:
Malachi 2:13-16, 1 Corinthians 7, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Ephesians 5:1-33
- Marriage is not easy, or fair.
- Love is a choice, not an emotion.
- Mastering the marriage cycle:
JOY , DISILLUSIONMENT , MISERY ,
UNDERSTANDING , MATURE LOVE
- Submission is putting the needs and interests of someone else above your own.
- Expectations unsaid will always go unmet.
Taking it home:
- If I’m not working on my marriage, I’m working against it.
- Marriage has to be a pursuit of holiness, not happiness.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. Many of us have been through the "cycle of marriage" Chris talked about, or have been through a similar cycle in other relationships. Take a minute to review the cycle and then really think through what it is like for two people to be in each stage of the cycle. How would you describe what each stage looks and/or feels like?
In what ways have you or others you know traveled through these stages effectively or ineffectively?
2. Submission is one of ...
There are 2673 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1336 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!