This content is part of a series.
Throne Wars (3 of 4)
Series: Beyond The Flannelgraph: Jonah
Pastor Chris Brown
A GOD OF SECOND CHANCES:
Jonah 3:1-10, 1 John 1:9, Romans 8:1
- God doesn't give up on us, we give up on Him.
- We can't outrun the Cross.
- Obedience when you don't feel like it, is still obedience.
THE ART OF SURRENDER:
Jonah 3:5-9, Hebrews 11:6, 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Philippians 2:9-11
- It starts with belief.
- The king got off his throne.
- They set aside their personal desires.
- They called out for mercy.
WE HAVE SOMETHING GREATER THAN JONAH:
TAKING IT HOME
Are there areas in your life you'd like prayer for to get off the throne and allow God to change you from the inside out?
Take a minute and talk to God about an opportunity for you to make an impact on a particular person or situation.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, was there a particular point or passage of Scripture that challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. God's call to Jonah to be a Godly influence to the Ninevites is a similar call to all Christians to impact our world for Christ. There's a variety of initial responses when people hear that Christians are to impact the world for Jesus. What are the first two things that come to mind when you hear this statement?
2. Chris talked about the importance of obeying even tho ...
There are 2949 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1474 character sample of the full content.