This content is part of a series.
The Truth About Lies (4 of 5)
Series: Fast Track Your Career
Pastor Chris Brown
Three reasons why we lie:
1. We lie to make ourselves look better.
2. We lie for personal gain.
2 Kings 5:1-27
3. We lie to avoid negative consequences.
Exodus 32:19-24, Deuteronomy 9:11-21, Matthew 26:69-75
Three reasons why we shouldn’t lie:
1. God hates it.
Proverbs 6:16-19, 11:1, 12:17-22,
2. It’s an indicator of who we are following.
John 8:31-47, 15:9-15, Ephesians 4:25, Colossians 3:9-11
3. We become slaves to it, and it robs us of our freedom.
Proverbs 19:5, James 3:3-12, John 8:32
Taking it to work:
Proverbs 19:22-23, 21:6, Mark 8:34-37
- We can’t put a price on our integrity or obedience.
- We can’t afford the consequences of lying.
1. We’ve heard these last three weeks that instead of being a necessary evil, work is something God designed for us to do. As you read the following Proverbs, jot down what each one says ...
There are 2071 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1036 character sample of the full content.