The Metron Factor
INTRODUCTION: This message is for people who have already answered the call to leadership - leaders who are serious about their call and the ministry set before them. First, let me say that you are loved by Jesus and Jesus is working in you and through you to fulfill your leadership calling. We all want to be better leaders, successful leaders, impacting our churches, our cities, and our nations. There are many absolutes to being a successful leader in God's kingdom. We know these absolutes to be character as first and foremost, clarity of calling, development of gifting, Bible depth and knowledge, loving the church, honoring proven principles, being a team player, and more. Today I desire to deal with one absolute, one I bump into quite often and it is a key to successful fruitful leadership. This absolute is found in II Cor. 10:12-18, a piece of pure Pauline wisdom for all leaders.
Matthew 10:22 in the Message reads "But don't quit, don't cave in. It is all worth it in the end." An unstoppable leader is unbeatable, relentless, unrestrainable, unyielding, never quitting, an unstoppable force.
I. UNPACKING PAULINE MINISTRY SECRETS
A. THE CONTEXT
1. 2 Cor. 10:1-18
2. Paul was attacked by critics, accused by his own church people and by other leaders
• Said he was brave from afar but a coward face to face
• His refusal to accept support was a sign that he was inferior
• That his relationship to Christ was not as good as theirs was
• They made fun of his physical appearance and his speaking ability
• That he should not boast about anything he has done
3. Paul answers these in four chapters but gives his ministry success secrets in chapter 10 - how he is able to minister as an unstoppable leader
B. PAUL'S MINISTRY SECRETS REVEALED
1. 10:1 - Paul's ministry identity clarified
2 Cor. 10:1 : Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ-who in presence am lowly among ...
There are 20287 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.