Which Side Of The Road Will You Choose? (6 of 8) by North Coast Church
This content is part of a series.Which Side Of The Road Will You Choose? (6 of 8)
Series: Tales of the Kingdom
Pastor Jesse Bradley
TRAVELING THE ROAD: (verses 29-32)
Luke 14:15-24, Matthew 9:35-38, Matthew 5:43-48, Matthew 18:21-22
A strange question to ask God:
How little can I love other people and still be okay with God?
A sad reality:
It is not difficult to find wounded people.
Dodging the need:
A good excuse can lead to a wrong response.
ROAD RULES: (verses 33-35)
Proverbs 26:17, Isaiah 1:13-17, Jeremiah 22:16, James 1:27, James 2:14-17
Not every need has your name on it.
How do we love our neighbors?
1. It goes beyond good intentions.
2. It will impact our schedules.
3. It will cost us some money.
4. Don't do it alone.
ROAD CONSTRUCTION: (verses 36-37)
Matthew 25:31-46, 1 John 3:16-18, Isaiah 58:10-12
Jesus wants this kind of love to be ordinary, not exceptional.
Priest and Levite:
Jesus is not looking for just one good Samaritan.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: This week's teaching challenged us to look at "which side of the road" we will choose. Looking back over your notes, what did you find most challenging, interesting or helpful from the message?
1. Can you think of a time where you saw someone else's need and you either stepped out of your comfort zone to meet that need or you played it cautious and held back? How did you feel before and after either response?
What are some of the reasons we can use for not "crossing the road?"
2. Imagine that you could look into tomorrow and see that you were going to meet someone who had a significant need. What kind of need would you most like to meet? In other words, what resources (if any) or help would you most enjoy sharing with others?
What needs or issues do you feel least equipped to help others with?
There are 3884 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1942 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!