Forgiving Others -Why It's Way More Important Than Most People Think It Is (7 of 8) by Larry Osborne
This content is part of a series.Forgiving Others -Why It's Way More Important Than Most People Think It Is (7 of 8)
Series: Tales of the Kingdom
Dr. Larry Osborne
THE STORY BEFORE THE STORY:
Matthew 18:15-17 and 21-22
Whatever forgiveness means -
it doesn't mean letting everything go.
THE SAD STORY OF AN UNGRATEFUL SLOB:
Matthew 18:23-35/ James 2:13/ Luke 17:3-4/ Luke 6:37
FORGIVING: A Practical and Realistic Look At
What God Expects From Us
1. Forgiving starts with a look in the mirror.
Matthew 18:32-35/ Ephesians 4:32 and Colossians 3:13/ Matthew 6:9-15/ Matthew 7:2
2. Forgiving is never easy.
3. Forgiving doesn't mean . . .
Compare Jeremiah 31:34 and Genesis 8:1/ Proverbs 14:15/ 2 Samuel 12:13-14
- Pretending it never happened.
- Trusting again.
- Removing all consequences.
4. Forgiving simply means . . .
1 Peter 2:21-23 and Romans 12:17-21/ 2 Timothy 4:14/ Ephesians 4:30-32/ Jeremiah 18:1-8
- Refusing to seek revenge.
- Refusing to be consumed by the past.
- Giving others what God gave me.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back over your sermon notes from Forgiving Others, which particular point or passage of Scripture most challenged, confused or caught your attention in this weekend's sermon?
1. Forgiveness tends to be more of a journey than an event. Sometimes we don't want to be on that journey. What are some of the reasons we give for holding on to a grudge or not forgiving?
2. Often we think of forgiveness in the context of letting go after we've been greatly wronged. But we also face issues of forgiveness in our daily life. What are some of the small things that happen to us in which we also need to ask for or offer forgiveness?
1. Larry mentioned in his sermon that forgiveness means refusing to seek our own revenge. But doing that can be difficult because it can feel like the other person is getting away with it. In 1 Sa ...
There are 6397 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!