This content is part of a series.
Confidence (1 of 10)
Series: Philippians - Conquering Life's Dungeons and Dragons
Dr. Larry Osborne
Mark It Up!
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- How it all started:
Acts 16:6-40/ Philippians 1:7, 13
~ Third choice
~ A tough start
~ From bad to worse.
- A Statement of Confidence.
~ Notice the "what" AND the "why":
~ An incredibly important principle:
The Bible wasn't written to us, it was written for us!
- A Prayer for Discerning Love.
~ The loving thing is not always the obvious thing!
~ Love needs knowledge and discernment.
How to be certain that God's on our side.
- Six things we don't want to put our confidence in . . .
Isaiah 64:6 and Luke 18:9-14/ Ezekiel 18:1-30/ Romans 10:1-4/ Matthew 21:28-31/
Matthew 7:21-23 and 1 John 2:3-5/ Matthew 13:18-23 and 1 Corinthians 10:1-13
1. Living up to my moral standards.
2. Sincerity and zeal.
3. A strong religious heritage.
4. Good intentions.
5. A profession of faith.
6. A good start.
- Biblical Confidence: It's always based on the same two things. . .
1. Faith - Trust in God's power.
2. Fruit - Evidence of God's presence.
Growth Group Homework
1. In 2006 which one of the following do you hope to experience the most and why?
2. What was your initial response when you heard the Philippian church was probably not much bigger than some of our Growth Groups?
There are 3155 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1578 character sample of the full content.