This content is part of a series.
A Beautiful Mind (2 of 10)
Series: Philippians - Conquering Life's Dungeons and Dragons
Pastor Chris Brown
Setting the Scene
1. a state of wretchedness; poverty and trouble; a disaster; calamity.
2. anything that hinders the mind of Christ in the believer.
Finding A Mindset That:
1. Promotes Jesus, not self.
Philippians 1:12, Acts 5:41, 2 Corinthians 4:7-12
2. Sees the advantage of adversity.
Philippians 1:13-14, James 1:2-4, James 5:10-11
3. Does not take personal attacks personally.
Philippians 1:15-18, 1 Peter 4:12-19, Matthew 5:11-12
4. Gets its confidence from prayer and the Holy Spirit.
Philippians 1:19, Ephesians 6:18, Psalm 91:14-15, John 14:15-18, Acts 1:8
5. Is clear on both its purpose and eternity.
Philippians 1:20-26, Romans 8:5-11, Romans 14:7-9, Matthew 16:24-27, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
6. Is focused on others.
Philippians 1:27-30, John 15:13, Phlippians 2:3-4
TAKING IT HOME
1. God's Spirit provides us with opportunities to do ministry. Are there any doors you're sensing God might be opening for you to move toward?
2. Are there any co-workers, neighbors or friends that God might be calling you to not take their comments or actions so personally and show more grace to? (Please keep identities confidential.)
3. Is there one of the six characteristics of Christ's mindset listed from this week's sermon that you particularly would like prayer for?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Was there one point from this week's sermon that particularly caught your attention, challenged you or confused you more than the others?
1. Pet peeves are those little things people do that drive you crazy. What are one or two for you? (example - blinker on but not turning, doors left open, certain types of messages on answering machines, etc.)
2. We all respond differently when someone makes an unjust perso ...
There are 4114 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.